fbpx

ST Coordinator Research Study

Jul 28, 2013 | Program Development, Self-Scout

By The X&O Labs Staff

The final installment of our Self Scout Your Career survey project takes an in-depth look at the trends provide by Special Teams Coordinators.

As we mentioned before, survey is still ongoing (if you or your staff hasn't taken it yet, check it out here), we wanted to share some of the insight that the surveys have unearthed. We also recognize that while many of you have already taken one survey from selfscoutyourcareer.com, you likely have not seen the results of the other 10 surveys. In addition to the Special Teams Coordinator Coach Research Report you are currently reading, we will also be releasing our Defensive Coordinator Research Report this week.

Here are a few of the highlights you will find in the graphs and questions contained in the Special Teams Coordinator Survey results below:

 

  • Only 7% of ST Coordinator's surveyed serve their team exclusively in that roll.  The other 93% are at the very least a position coach.

  • 50% of coaches say that they spend the bulk of their ST time with their team doing full team special teams drills.

  • When asked to identify the most "under coached" aspect of special teams, the highest response was FG and Extra Point units.

  • ST coordinators most often choose the "middle return" as the most productive return scheme for the teams that they coached.