Offensive Practice Real-Time Schedule
During the spring of 2012 X&O Labs’ Senior Research Manager, Mike Kuchar, set out to visit 10 schools in 8 days. Below you will find Navy’s spring practice report - the first of several reports on Navy football. Continue reading www.XandOLabs.com for all of Kuchar’s new spring practice reports posted every week.
Pre-Practice (Duration: 10 minutes)
- QB’s/Centers/FB’s: work gun and under exchanges on sideline to ensure accuracy in footwork.
- A Backs/WR: Partnered ball drills (play catch)
- OL: Base footwork and steps
Offensive Play-Polish on Bags (Duration: 5 minutes)
- All offensive personnel worked 12/13 Load option against both 8 man fronts (Diagram 1) and two high looks (Diagram 2).
Team Stretch/Static Stretch (Duration: 10 minutes)
- Players worked a partnered stretch routine involving hip flexors, butterflies, seated leans, prone hamstring stretches and a calf stretch.
Special Teams - Individual Period (Duration: 5 minutes)
- All skill players involved in special teams worked a punt block drill, coming out of the chutes and getting to a block spot.
- QB’s: worked partnered option drills down the line.
- OL: continued to stretch on their own.
Special Teams - Group Period (Duration: 5 minutes)
- Skill players now worked a "Pods Punt" drill (Diagram 3) where they work live against a half-rush and cover a directional kick.
- OL continued to work on their own, as did QB’s.
Ball Security Circuit (Duration: 5 minutes)