Offensive Practice Real-Time Schedule
By Mike Kuchar
Senior Research Manager
X&O Labs was a guest of Delaware offensive coordinator and X&O Labs subscriber Jim Hofher. Coach Hofher will be submitting two
clinic reports in the near future for X&O Labs - both on his empty protection package and his field drive concept out of the quick passing game. Continue reading the Insiders for all of Coach Hofher’s clinic reports.
Below you will find the spring practice report from Mike Kuchar’s visit to Delaware’s practice on April 6, 2012.
Punt Team Walk-Thru: Duration: 5 minutes
- QB’s stretched on their own.
- OL worked blitz recognition drill against two-man games.
Offensive Team Walk-Thru: Duration: 5 minutes
- All offensive personnel worked their "Sonic" and "Dallas" both read option concepts, which were on the installation schedule for today.
Tempo Drill: Duration: 5 minutes
- All offensive personnel worked plays on air at 75 percent speed, alternating both runs and passes.
Team Flex (dynamic stretch): Duration: 10 minutes
- Jog for 20 yards
- Knee skips for 20 yards
- High knees for 10, butt kicks for 10 yards
- Step and pull knee to chin
- Step and grab quad
- Side shuffles (left for 10 yds, right for 10 yds.)
- Lunges (front for 10 yds, backwards for 10 yds.)
- Toe touches for 10 yds, leg kicks for 10 yds.
- 70 percent run
- Straight leg run
- 80 percent run
- 100 percent run
Situational Drill (live): Duration: 5 minutes
- Live period: offense vs. defense. Thud tempo. All third down emphasis.
Special Teams-2 (Kickoff Return): Duration: 10 minutes